Have you ever been travelling and thought it’s tough sometimes to get off the well-ventured road?
You’re thinking like us! We chose to bicycle tour around the world for a few reasons:
- You can really take in the fresh air, take in the landscape and be in nature all the time.
- You have the freedom to go where-ever you want without having to rely on public transport.
- Want to change your route? Just cycle another direction!
- You see a different side of the place you’re in.
- You experience things you may miss if sticking to major towns and routes.
- You get a sense of accomplishment every day.
- You get to meet awesome people locally and through great websites such as www.warmshowers.org.
- People go out of their way to help you out – we’ve had countless people come out of their houses to offer their hospitality, whether it was a glass of cool water, a place to stay, a meal and even to wash our laundry!
- You often glide downhill and just sit there and feel the breeze in your face and watch the beautiful landscape around you.
- We find all sorts of secret spots by asking locals if there’s anything nearby to see.
- You get an awesome work out! Cycling is commonly known as a pretty great cardio exercise.
- You have lots of energy every day and sleep really well.
- You get to meet a lot of cute animals on country roads. Horses, cows, sheep, dogs – you name it, they’re curious about what you’re doing. Kangaroos, echidnas, wombats and koalas – not so curious!
- Have you ever had a meal (and a beer) after cycling 50 miles? It tastes pretty great!
- It’s an inexpensive way to see the world.
- It doesn’t harm the environment.
- Above all – it makes you happy! See the below video for a demonstration: